Instructions for Quilt Hanging Sleeve
How to Make a 4” Hanging Sleeve
- Once your quilt has been quilted and bound, measure the width of your quilt. Sew a 9-inch wide strip of fabric that measures the width of your quilt minus 2 inches.
- Hem both ends of the strip.
- With the WRONG sides together, sew the strip into a long tube.
- Press the sleeve flat with seam running down the center of the sleeve.
- Lay the sleeve on the back of the quilt with the seam facing the quilt. Position the sleeve about ½ inch from the top of the quilt.
- Whipstitch the top and bottom edges of the sleeve to the back of your quilt, being sure to leave the ends open so a hanging rod can be inserted.
- Another option would be to sew the sleeve lengthwise with the wrong sides together and attach it to the top before the binding is attached.